– Team co-ordinator and synthesis report author for World Bank Global Program on Resilient Housing analyzing home improvement financing in Latin America. The work program reviewed housing microfinance, fintech, bank, financial co-operative, contractual savings institution and building material vendor lending and proposed separate investment strategies for World Bank and IFC. Focus countries were Colombia, Chile and Argentina. 2022.
– Team leader for a global study on Rent-to-own (RtO) schemes. Identification and evaluation of best practice businesses (globally, e.g. Divvy / U.S.). Investment reconnaissance (emerging markets), including detail studies on potential RtO investments in three emerging markets (Latin America, Africa, Asia) with housing, mortgage, legal-regulatory and co-investor analysis. Global investment framework evaluation for 3 of the 6 RtO product classes identified in the best practice review. With Roland Berger Consulting for the International Finance Corporation. 2021/22.
– Study on low-income (rental) housing finance investment opportunities in the context of InvestEU, a guarantee program set up by the European Commission. The study reviewed investment conditions in all EU Member States (except Austria), the developing local and cross-border equity and debt co-investor scenery, and for 10 countries identified specific equity and debt investment opportunities in affordable and social housing. Specific proposals were evaluated for two EU Member States. For Council of Europe Development Bank. 2020/21. My partner in this study was the late and unforgotten Allan Saunderson (Housing Investor Europe).
– Restructuring of the government housing policy program ‘Eskan’ of Saudi-Arabia. Evaluation of the public subsidy / lending / guarantee portfolio in mortgage and construction finance, international best practice review, target group analysis, new subsidy / lending / guarantee product design, fiscal impact modelling. With Boston Consulting Group for Ministry of Housing Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia. 2020.
– Team leader for social and affordable housing program development in Lithuania. Housing sector review, detailed evaluation of the government housing program menu, review of the government housing strategy, evaluation of feasible investment proposals. Moderation of an intergovernmental working party. With Agriculture and Finance Consultants (AFC) for Council of Europe Development Bank. 2019/20.